Monday, October 25, 2010

I learned to knit at Steak 'n Shake

My wonderful friend Miranda taught me how to knit last week at Steak 'n Shake. I can safely say we were the only knitters in the place. I was apprehensive about learning, but the lesson wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be.

You can see below, my first attempt was with smaller needles on the left (size 8 needle). My second attempt was with larger needles (size 13), shown on the right, so I could determine the best needle size for beginners. I found that it was a bit easier with the larger needles and more satisfying. For the kit, I'll probably go with size 10 or 11.

Additional information gleaned from our knitting session: it's easier to knit from a ball rather than a skein of yarn, learn to accept imperfections in knitting, include instructions on how to drop & add stitches.

I hate to admit it, but I actually like knitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment