Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Prayer Shawl

Pocket Prayer Shawl

This pocket prayer shawl was given to my mother by members of her church and she proudly displays it in her car. After seeing this miniature knit "shawl" and the effect it had on my mom, I realized that when hand-crafted pieces are given as gifts, they can create a pretty strong emotional bond between the crafter and the recipient. The gifts become an extension of the crafter and show the amount of time, energy and love they are willing to pour into a project. One of my favorite Christmas gifts is a beautiful scarf my friend knitted for me, because it's original and lovely and I know how much time she spent custom-creating it for me. So, based on these observations, I've decided one of the main focuses of my crafting kit is to encourage the gifting of the finished piece to nurses or fellow patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment